“We believe our visitors and staff have the right to the best experience in an environment they can feel happy, safe and protected in.”
Kent Union has a zero tolerance policy towards sexual harassment and discrimination in The Venue. On this site you can find information about why we have this policy, why it’s important, the policy itself and how you can report a break to this policy.
Whilst we believe The Venue is a safe place for our students to enjoy themselves in, we acknowledge that there are certain behaviours and cultures that we must challenge. We want to do everything we can to ensure that our students can have the best experience in The Venue which is why we have this policy.
If you would like to discuss our zero tolerance policy with us you can email firstname.lastname@example.org (this is a safe account and is treated with strict confidence)
Our Venue policy outlines that we do not tolerate the following behaviour in our premises:
- Unwelcome sexual gestures or innuendos.
- Groping, pinching or smacking someone’s body without consent i.e. bottom or breasts.
- Exposing your sexual organs to someone.
- Entering the opposite sexes toilet.
- Derogatory comments or gestures based on someone’s age, gender, race, orientation or ability.
Breach of this policy may be treated with the highest category and lead to exclusion from The Venue.
If you would like to make a report of breach of this policy, you can do this in many ways:
- Approach any member of security of staff on the night. The matter will be dealt with by the Duty Manager and taken very seriously.
- Email email@example.com – this is a safe email and only viewed by three people – Vice-President (Welfare), Licensed Trade Manager and Director with responsibility for equality and diversity. We will treat your email with the utmost respect and confidence.