Kent Union Logo

Useful information

Got a problem? Find a list of important contacts below

If calling University of Kent services internally, extension numbers are the last four numbers of each telephone number.

Campus watch

Contact Campus Watch

Control room: 01227 823300

Supervisor: 01227 823060

Emergencies only: 01227 823333

Security is an issue of concern to everyone on campus and Campus Watch are here to help. Campus Watch security staff are on duty 24 hours per day, 365 days per year and can always be contacted on extension 3300.

Leigh Stevenson, the Security Manager, is responsible for the day to day management of all Security Supervisors, Security Officers and Campus Watch Operators. (Telephone extension 3829.)

Campus Watch are there to help you, so please help them. Your information may prevent or solve a crime or incident.

A night-time campus walking escort service for vulnerable people is available by contacting Campus Watch.

Personal alarms are available, free of charge, from Campus Watch.

Lost property is stored at Campus Watch. Please visit us to retrieve items you have mislaid. We keep items for three months, after which they are donated to charity.

On campus services

Counselling Service

01227 823206

Medical Centre

01227 823583


01227 824000

Sick Bay

01227 823503


01227 823300

Kent Union's services

Main Office

Mandela Reception

01227 824200

Advice Centre

01227 827724

Home Stamp

01227 823214

Public services

Police Community Support Officer

Mollie Proctor, the local PCSO for St Stephens and Blean Ward, is based at Canterbury Police Station in Old Dover Road.

T: +44 (0)1227 868253

M: 07772 226 049


Kent Sexual Assault Referral Centre

07785 925507

Beech House

Sexual Assault Referral Centre

Hermitage Lane


ME16 9PH

The Sexual Assault Referral Centre will accept direct self-referrals from clients who do not wish to involve the Police following a sexual assault and / or rape. The Centre can provide the following:

  • Forensic medical examination by a Forensic Nurse Examiner
  • Consultation, advice and referral relating to health interventions required
  • Consultation and advice regarding forensic evidence
  • Telephone consultation, where agreed by appointment
  • Crisis support provided by an independent worker


08457 909090

Kent East Rape Line

01227 450400

Rape Crisis Line: General

0208 683 3311

Rape Crisis Line: Helpline

0208 683 3300

Kent and Canterbury Hospital

Ethelbert Road, Canterbury, Kent CT1 3NG

01227 766877

999 Emergency services

For immediate emergency assistance in the United Kingdom (in fire, police, and medical emergencies) call 999.

NHS 111 service

If you urgently need medical help or advice, but it’s not a life-threatening situation, call 111.

Free online mental health support

University of Kent students going through a tough time or struggling with mental health issues can now get free online support with Big White Wall.

The service is designed to help people get support, take control and feel better. It provides 24/7 peer and professional support (with trained counsellors online at all times), plus a range of wellbeing tools to help people self-manage. This service is safe and anonymous, so no one will know you have chosen to use it unless you tell them!

To see more about how Big White Wall works, you can watch this short film:

To join and get immediate, 24/7 support, simply contact the University Wellbeing Team.

Medway students

Canterbury students

Emergency Housing Advice

If the Advice Centre is closed and you need emergency housing advice then please visit Shelter who offer a free advice line and there is a wide range of information and advice available via their website.

You can also contact your local Council who will have a Private Sector Team who can normally offer housing advice and information.

Emergency Immigration Advice

If the Advice Centre is closed and you need emergency immigration advice then please visit the UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) website where there is a wide range of information and advice available.

UKISA also operate an advice line so if you need to speak to someone about your situation you can call them and discuss your options.

Other Emergency Advice

If the Advice Centre is closed and you have any other query then you could consider contacting the University direct to see if any of their departments could help with your query.

If none of the above has covered the area that you need advice in then you could visit the Citizens Advice Bureau webpage which has a wide range of information and advice available. They also operate local Advice Centre's and have national helpline numbers if you wish to speak to someone directly for advice.